Past Blogs

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Overdue Update

Wedding planning, garage building and teaching first grade! Wow the school year came in like a lion. Lets begin with my top priority, then we can move onto Zeb's update. Wedding plans are in place. We are down to small details now, napkin color, invitation editing, hair appointments, etc. All else is planned so if you are coming to the wedding and have not booked a hotel room yet, contact me for info. The dress will be altered for a final time when we are all in Colorado for my cousin's wedding in October.

Now for the garage. We built a garage this summer in the back of our house. It has a heated cement floor and everything. It is great! Zeb and his dad put in a lot of hours into making this "man" cave a reality. Below is the 2 month process in 3 minutes. It gives you an idea of what this project entailed. A lot of hard work!

And for the first grade update. It is wonderful. I am finding that it takes a lot of energy but in a good way, I am concentrating my energy on teaching and being creative with it rather than the energy it took to keep the older ones interested in the lessons. I really enjoy it. You can check us out at www.nomeschools.com/~npolk

More to come later! I head to Fairbanks in October for the Alaska State Literacy Council Conference Hopefully between now and then I can update some more about our home.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great video and the whole project looked so easy! I can't wait to see the update when the airplane arrives at the manshed. You all did a great job.


Love,
Mom in Wisconsin