
Halloween usually does not land on the same day of the weekend that people celebrate Halloween in Nome. Since I moved here, I have been helping with the DAWN HALLOWEEN HAPPENING, a free carnival for kids in town to keep them out of inclimate weather. Usually it is on a weekday, and I get to dress up about 4 times each year. One for school, one for the carnival, one for a party and one for the party the weekend after Halloween. This year, I had only one costume :(, but it was great, I thought. Cruella De Ville, made her appearance this year at the Family Fright Night. The Rec Center was filled with game booths, kids and families. There was a dance for older kids in one of the rooms. It went well! Cruella got to Emcee the costume contest, so that was fun!

Angie broke out the old Mermaid costume, making it better than ever! And thanks to the Denver Mile High Flea Market, I was able to add some finishing touches to my costume as well. Can you believe it, a fur coat and Dalmation puppet for only $30? Can't beat it. Tisuk was a little unsure about the new addition to the family, but she has since settled down now that Halloween has been put into the plastic bins until next year.

No comments:
Post a Comment