Over Christmas break I was able to enjoy a few nice sunsets over the sea ice. With the Solstice ending our dark streak on December 21, we are starting to get back a bit more day light. I no longer have to rush to be back inside with the dog by 5:00, I am earning a few extra minutes each day. That is when it is not -24 out!

The other part of this post is to show one of the cookie trays I made. The first week of break was busy, busy. I was baking each day, and poor Zeb tackled what remained of "mount dish" most nights. But all that baking is something I really enjoy at holiday time. It reminds me of my grandparents and other family members and holds so many memories for me.

This tray includes, Spritz, Peanut Blossoms, Haystacks, Peanut Brittle, Caramels, Fudge, Mint Brownies, Cut Out Cookies, Toffee and Peanut Butter Balls. I added a few kisses and chocolate almonds just to add some variety, but those items were store bought :) The best part to me is giving away treats to others during the holiday season, the worst part is having the extras laying around tempting me to sneak a snack. The worst part for Zeb is waiting until I have made all the trays, to make sure there is enough, before he gets to feast. But this year I skimped on a few things on the trays, just to ensure that he got an extra helping of his favorites. I think he would be happy if I wrapped up Toffee and Mint Brownies just for him each year! Which is not a bad plan. Enjoy whatever your New Year brings, weather it be more day light or laying off sweets, I hope it finds you happy and well!
No comments:
Post a Comment