I have actually missed the last two Iditarods due to travel. This year we stuck around and mom and dad came up. We had a great week. Here are some shots from the snow sculpting that happened on March 13.

First place, Gnome from Nome, on top of an igloo.

Second place, mom and Taylor stand by the walrus. (They are just posing, they did not carve this one).
Third Place, another igloo- as a Nome church. This poor sculpture did not get sun until about 3:00 pm, but that is good to keep it from melting fast.
Just a few more additional ones. I really liked the details on the above fisherman.
This finale is the one that my friend Erika and I did. 3 people and a dog (or bear) taking a hot tub steam (Sub arctic soak). It was a great day and wonderful turnout. The weather cooperated making this year an outstanding contest.
1 comment:
Cool! Taylor and I made your blog!!
The Walrus was great, complete with toothpick whiskers. However, I was partial to the 3 man/ 1 dog/ hot tub. Very original.
YLM
Post a Comment