Zeb brought me the dog this weekend to keep me company for a bit. It took her a while to get used to climbing 3 flights of stairs just to get home. She keeps going to one of the other 6 doors in the condo unit to get outside, but I am sure she will catch on. Today we ventured to a nice park with trails. In Nome, I let Tisuk off her leash, and it is rare that she will see another dog. Today, at the "0ff leash" park she encountered more dogs and more varieties of dogs than she had ever seen. I kept her on her leash for half of the trail and only let her off when NO other dogs were insight.

I did not want to have the stress of dealing with Tisuk getting grumpy or another unknown dog having a problem. It was a nice walk and a nice day. We even stumbled upon a lake!
Tomorrow we may get more adventurous and wander off the main trail. It is great to have an area that is close to explore and get a little exercise. It gives me something specific to do each day while I am in Anchorage waiting.
2 comments:
Hi Tissy! Jodi and Kenna go for walks often...around her neighborhood in Westchester and the main dog park by UAA. Let her know if you want a doggie date!
Ditto on the dog park by UAA--but watch out for the killer beavers in the lake! (Lol--but, seriously). I went for lots of walks there with Cash and Toby while I was stuck in Los Anchorage waiting for Sadie last summer:) The belly is looking good!
Post a Comment