Past Blogs

Friday, December 30, 2011

Diary of A Newborn: First Christmas

My first Christmas was not a "white" one. We were in Wisconsin, and it was about a 50 degree temperature difference from Nome.  While in Wisconsin the temperatures ranged from 20-36 degrees above zero.  I only had to wear my coat, hat and gloves.  So different from Nome! (especially when we landed back home, it was -24)  I got to wear some pretty dresses in the "warm" weather, Thank you Aunt Lara!

We spent the week with Grandma and Grandpa Polk.  I saw lots of great uncles and aunts and first and second cousins.  It was a wonderful trip.

Santa came Christmas morning and brought me some great books, a few toys and a swim suit.  Yes, a swimsuit.  I thought Santa was crazy but mommy told me there is a pool in Nome.  We might get to go there soon.  How fun, I love bath time, I am sure I would love the pool too.

My friend Attigun in Wisconsin gave me another cool Christmas surprise.  A super "exersaucer".  I just call it the amazing thingy that I can stand up in and play.   At first I cried because there were so many cool things to touch I was overwhelmed, but now I love it and understand I don't have to do them all at once, I can take it easy.  Mommy brought it back on the plane for me.  Thanks to the new bag limits with Alaska Air Club 49 we can each take 2 bags back.  My "exersaucer" was my bag!



Even though there was no snow for my first Christmas, we still saw some beautiful lights.  Grandpa took mommy, grandma and I through a park of special light displays in Madison.  It was really cool.  I even saw a plane that reminded me a bit of daddy's.

It was a nice trip, but I am happy to be back in Nome.  As I write this blog, I am rolling over!  Mommy is pretty impressed with me.  Me rolling is mommy and daddy's present.  It just came a few days late.

3 comments:

polkie1 said...

How exciting you are rolling over! Miss you lots Victoria and your mom and dad too!

Amy said...

What a Santaland princess! I can't get over her bright eyes! Sounds like a great, great Christmas.

Amy said...

What a Santaland princess! I can't get over her bright eyes! Sounds like a great, great Christmas.