Past Blogs

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Now That's Organic!

Living in rural Alaska, our produce choices can be somewhat limiting at times.  For the past year or maybe longer now, we have been getting a Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) box from Full Circle Farm.  Every two weeks a box of delicious fresh, organic produce is shipped to us from Washington.  We notice that it is fresher than anything we can buy here, lasts longer, and is a delicious treat, especially in the middle of winter.  Now we get to start sharing our produce with Victoria as well.  

 Using the baby bullet (thank you Lara!) we can blend and puree our organic goods into food for Victoria. The best part is we know what is in there and for the most part where it came from!  After steaming or boiling the produce it is ready to blend.  We then pour it into little containers for her to enjoy during the week. 
It may not always be cheaper to do her food this way, but I sure love taking part in her healthy eating by serving her homemade organic baby food.  As you can see from the video below, baby likes it too!


(I like to think that all this yummy food is helping her say "mama" too :)

3 comments:

löki gale said...

Yay for organic food!

polkie1 said...

I love these updates/posts from you and of course, you, Victoria! Miss you tons! Love you lots! Love Aunt Lara

Anonymous said...

I like the new "Cross Country Ski" picture on the Blog. Did Victoria get to go along?

Cute video. I think Victoria was saying mama too. Now have her work on "Grandma Susie". Gram crackers would be a start.

Love you and thanks for the Skype on Sunday. Nice to see everyone!!

YLM