Instead, I decided to use our Moose Jalapeno Cheese Hot Dogs, cover them in cornbread, and pan fry them in olive oil. I felt a little better about this option.
I used this recipe for Corn Dogs found at allrecipes.com. The baking powder seems to puff up the mixture quite a bit the more it sits, be-forewarned. Also, some ideas for coating the dog are put the batter in a cup or cover the dog in flour first. I prefer the method of just using a clean hand and coating the dog the best you can. After it is coated you are ready to fry. Shallow pan frying is a good method compared to submerging it in greece, but I am sure you can cook it whatever way you choose. Make sure the oil is not too hot, so they don't get dark to quick, yet hot enough so they cook throughly. Enjoy.....

1 comment:
i love corn dogs! but always feel so awful after eating one! would love to try these! yum!!
Post a Comment