I kept thinking that they may not have these experiences as much since leaving Nome, but you just have to find and cease these moments as they come. I was so happy for the chance to expose them to some of the cultural traditions in Alaska, especially ones that have had an impact on my time here in the state.
Past Blogs
Saturday, February 14, 2015
Alaska Native Heritage Center
Since moving to Anchorage we have never visited the Alaska Native Heritage Center…….. until today! We had a wonderful experience with some good friends. It was a free day of drumming and dance for this February 14, Valentine's Day. We arrived early and stayed for about 2 hours. The girls really enjoyed it.
Victoria kept saying, "I want to dance more mom, this is fun!" She enjoyed the "Walrus Dance" the best and wanted to hear the dancers make more animal noises.
I kept thinking that they may not have these experiences as much since leaving Nome, but you just have to find and cease these moments as they come. I was so happy for the chance to expose them to some of the cultural traditions in Alaska, especially ones that have had an impact on my time here in the state.
I kept thinking that they may not have these experiences as much since leaving Nome, but you just have to find and cease these moments as they come. I was so happy for the chance to expose them to some of the cultural traditions in Alaska, especially ones that have had an impact on my time here in the state.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment