We are on the beautiful island of Capri. We took a short ferry over yesterday after an intense cab ride in Naples. We met some other Americans who were trying to head to the island as well, and we all shared a cab. I am glad we did not rent a car there! At one point we were facing the wrong direction in traffic, but our cab driver seemed calm and cool.
We made it to our hotel, which the internet made out to be very nice, but in all it has been a good stay. We could not check in right away so we took a chair lift, like a ski lift, to the top of the island. There you can get an entire view of Capri. Our plan today is to head to the coast of Capri and do a Blue Grotto boat tour. The weather is great. About 80 yesterday and today so far is blue skies.
Did I mention it is 9:55 am Italy Time, are any of you awake yet?
3 comments:
Hey You Crazy Kids:
I am glad to hear you are enjoying yourselves. Happy Independence day by the way!! I hope you woke up today singing our national anthem with your hand over your heart:)!! Anywho, funny thing I was awake at 12:50 am our time 9:55Am your time. My darling daughter was starving almost to death it seemed right about then. I should have logged on! Well have a great day on the coast of Capri you lucky ducks you!
Leah
Great to read about it! I hope the day-visit to Rome was worth it. I also hope you actually have a balcony on that room of yours! Enjoy all the moments.
Talk about 80 degrees? We actually got that hot in Nome yesterday!! I sat on the tundra in a tank and shorts while a hot breeze blew the bugs away.
Well, Happy 4th! Find more Americans to celebrate with!
Love, Amy
The last time we booked a 3 star hotel out of the country we had to lay on towels for fear of the bed bugs. Hope your experience was better. I don't think there were any 4 star hotels available, and we took what we could get. Anyway, it was memorable and I'm sure your stay will be just as memorable. Can't wait to see the pictures.
Love Mom
Post a Comment