I enjoyed my first Thanksgiving in Kotzebue. It was really nice. We fried a turkey. Zeb was in charge of the bird, which was a nice vacation for his mom. We had an excellent meal. No real problems frying the turkey, just always need to be sure you have enough oil! Peanut works the best. On Friday night, Zeb and I snowmachined up to their cabin, about 20 miles on the Noatak River. Beautiful scenery! On Saturday we were able to relax, make cookies, snowshoe, shovel, and hang out. We snowmachined back at about 6:00 at night. The trail had quite a bit more overflow on it than when we left. It was a little scary for me, my first time with overflow! But I just gunned it, and hoped for the best. I did good, didn't get stuck and made it back safe and sound!
Past Blogs
Tuesday, November 27, 2007
Thanksgiving
I enjoyed my first Thanksgiving in Kotzebue. It was really nice. We fried a turkey. Zeb was in charge of the bird, which was a nice vacation for his mom. We had an excellent meal. No real problems frying the turkey, just always need to be sure you have enough oil! Peanut works the best. On Friday night, Zeb and I snowmachined up to their cabin, about 20 miles on the Noatak River. Beautiful scenery! On Saturday we were able to relax, make cookies, snowshoe, shovel, and hang out. We snowmachined back at about 6:00 at night. The trail had quite a bit more overflow on it than when we left. It was a little scary for me, my first time with overflow! But I just gunned it, and hoped for the best. I did good, didn't get stuck and made it back safe and sound!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
It looks cold!!
Post a Comment