April seems to bring rain and melting in other parts of the country, but in Nome Alaska, it is still winter. In fact, when I moved here now about 6 years ago this month, the weather was similar to today. Snow was coming down, flights were delayed and the ground was so bright, you had to wear shades!
We went out flying to the hills behind Nome last week. It was nice that Zeb got done early a few days and we were able to take out the plane. Tisuk enjoyed the ride as well. She had her own little place in the baggage compartment. I am itching for summer to come! I really want to find some land to lease and build a cabin. I think it would make a nice getaway for weekends. Only 5 Mondays left until summer vacation- Wahooo!
1 comment:
Great pics Nik, and a very good rundown on the Sweepsteaks Race. Can't believe that Tisik likes to ride in the plane. You'll have to get her a special scarf like the Red Baron wears!!
I wish you could send this info to Grandma. She would love it.
Take care. YLM XOXOXO
Post a Comment