Past Blogs

Sunday, December 21, 2008

Tis the Season

I spent the Winter Solstice weekend catching up on more baking and wrapping presents.  I attended the last minute craft fairs yesterday, and got some wonderful "Nome" style gifts.  It was nice.  Then I skied to Angie's and took Cole swimming.  I love having time off, because I can use my Saturday and Sunday for me time instead of getting ready for school.  I have never spent the 2 weeks off in Nome, so it will be nice to see how relaxing it could be.  
We have a real tree again this year.  We picked it up in Anchorage.  The house looks, feels, and smells like Christmas.  And with the Blizzard outside and shorter days I know that Christmas is right around the corner.  Today is Winter Solstice which marks the shortest day of our year.  Today the sun rose at 12:04 and set at 3:57, I will look forward to gaining 6 minutes of daylight starting tomorrow.  Happy Holidays!

No comments: