Past Blogs

Sunday, November 30, 2008

Midwest Thanksgiving

We landed in O'hare on Sunday November 23 and enjoyed a whirlwind of excitement ever since.  Monday morning Zeb booked a flight physical in Madison, of course I pushed for hitting the mall afterward.  Then on Tuesday, I visited Lara's school and gave a presentation about Alaska to the 3rd graders.  They were a great group of kids.  Afterward, I got in a little more shopping of course.  Wednesday, the largest bar night in Wisconsin, opened new doors for me.  I had my first performance in WI.  I played for 45 minutes at the Cafe Carp.  Trying to keep in mind my audience, I played songs I have written and other folky tunes.  My old high school teachers came thanks to my uncle George's publicity skills!  It was great to see so many people turn out for the event!  Then on to Thursday!  Turkey Day!  35 family members ready to overwhelm Zeb.  It was so nice to see everyone on the holiday and enjoy good food and fun.  Friday- Also know as Black Friday by some, lured me into the stores for deals of the century.  After 45 minutes in one line, I asked myself, what am I doing?  Then I remembered, deal hunting and I continued to wait with my basket of goodies.  The boys- (seen below) only because of their orange attire- had a fun day in the field searching for the elusive whitetail deer that seemed to stump numerous Wisconsin hunters this year.  
We celebrated Christmas on Friday night.  It actually felt like Christmas.  Cole said that Santa wasn't mad at him because he got some nice presents.  Earlier in the week, his behavior made us call Mr. Claus to see what could be done about Christmas Presents for naughty boys.  It was a wonderful trip home.  Thanks to everyone who made the trip special for us.  We had a great time.  Now I am just busy unpacking the 5 bags we brought back.  We went shopping in Anchorage this morning for groceries.  Those of you worried, we only brought 3 extra bags back from Wisconsin!  For the bargin price of $25.  A nice lady forgot to charge us for the rest.  It is nice to be back in Nome for the rest of the holidays- this week we will be busy getting the tree up.

1 comment:

löki gale said...

Orange is the best color in the world.