Past Blogs

Friday, January 23, 2009

Pastimes

I recently got back from a short trip to Anchorage.  After a routine Dr. appt, I was able to do some shopping.  This was a favorite pastime of mine about 8 years ago.  I had the day to myself on Thursday and had to run some errands for an upcoming fundraiser.  I was staying near the mall and got sucked right in.  I was proud of myself for still being the "deal finder" I always was and not spending more than $30 at the mall.  

I got to enjoy a new pastime of mine in Anchorage as well, running.  I was able to have a pass to a health club with my hotel and took advantage of it.  Sure, I can run on the treadmill at the Nome Recreation Center, but this place was more exciting.  

Another new pastime I have come to enjoy is visiting friends who have moved from Nome. Amy and I had a lovely dinner on Thursday night a a place that serves wine and tappas (appetizers) to the less fluent spanish speaker..  
Finally this evening I was able to do one more pastime, paint.  Zeb is in Bethel and I worked at the Youth Facitliy.  I painted with some kids.  It was great.  Above is the recent creation (in progress).  I was inspired as we flew over Nome today.  I am enjoying being almost done with my Graduate Project so that I can enjoy some pastimes that have been neglected for awhile.  

1 comment:

löki gale said...

:) Soon, you should be able to run outside...oh wait...it is probably still winter in Alaska.

lgt