Past Blogs

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Snow Day

We have had a run of bad luck here in good ol' Nome!  In the past 6 days we have had 2 days called off of school for snow.  That has not happened in a couple years.  As you can see, the drifts today were bigger than the poor little Subaru, as if it has not been through enough in it's life already.  
I got a lot done again on my day off.  I figured I needed to be as productive as possible considering this is a Saturday in the future that I will miss.  The good thing about snow days is they are weather days for Zeb.  We got to spend the day together.  But at about 6:45 I got pretty ansy and decided it was either time to work out or shovel.  I chose to shovel, kill two birds with one stone that way.  Spent an hour outside, while it was still snowing, and removed a good portion of the snow.  Unfortunately the wind was blowing it back in my face.  Good thing for my new googles from Christmas.  Zeb said he would finish shoveling but not until the storm was over.  Who knows when that will be- it is 8:00 pm and it has been snowing since 5:00 am.  Hope we have school tomorrow, I cannot bear losing another Saturday when spring is approaching!

1 comment:

Amy&AndyinAlaska said...

OH! I hope Tissy has a place to do her "biznass"--but that areas is usually wind-swept. I can just picture her hopping around!