
Dr. Seuss's Birthday was today. As a child I really enjoyed Dr. Seuss. Though not having an entire collection of books of my own, I have slowly been collecting activities and books of his, since I began teaching. Today with my students, we made Oobleck, green slime, and used it for our science lesson on liquids and solids. Then we read some poems, did green eggs and ham math, and read some of his stories. It was great to fit Dr. Seuss into all the lessons of the day and fit a little bit of fun into our rigorous curriculum. All day long my students asked if I really cut and dyed my hair blue! They might have been convinced if it hadn't been for a piece of brown hair that slipped out around 2:30.
Usually I am dressed like my friend Karen, as the Cat in the Hat, but this year I decided to shake things up!
"Today you are you , that is truer than true, there is no one else alive who is youer than you!"- Dr. Seuss
Good quote to live by, always be yourself- even if it means your hair is a different color or you dress a little out of the ordinary.
2 comments:
Yes, your hair does look like you dyed it blue. You look like a hoot!! Good job!! Lara would love the wig. She does a Dr. Seuss Day too.
Now all you need is some striped stockings to compliment your outfit. they would make a great Christmas Surprise!!
Take care,...
YLM
(Seuss)
Nikki,
I wish you were my teacher! My favorite book as a kid was Barthlomew and the Ooblek!!
HOpe you are well,
Kelly
Post a Comment