On my way to Wisconsin to see the family, I stopped into Denali with the Smiths (my Wisconsin relatives)! It was great. I had been there before but never taken the 8 hour bus tour through the park. My favorite thing was seeing a mama bear and 2 cubs grazing on some delicious grass. We were able to watch them from the comfort of our school bus coach. We also saw caribou and sheep, but I just loved the bears.

The scenery was amazing at the park. It stretches over 52 miles of road and millions of acres of land. We did not see Mt. Mckinley but the other mountains were spectacular.

We spent the night at the Princess Lodge right in Denali. It was fun spending time with my cousins and aunt in another setting than Nome. I would recommend the road trip to anyone who has not done it. Although I get sleepy in cars, it was a very beautiful drive.

The tour gave me the courage to become a tour guide for Nome. This past weekend I was able to put my gift of gab and theatre background to good use as a Nome Tour Guide. It was great to share with others why I live in this beautiful place.
No comments:
Post a Comment