I have been in Nome over 10 years. If you count the summers I came up to waitress, it is even longer. I have been fortunate to have seen a lot of things and been able to do a lot of neat things in my time here.
We are preparing to move to Anchorage for Zeb's new job. It is a bittersweet goodbye to Western Alaska. I have had lots of fond memories here and it holds a special place in my heart, but I know I will be back to see Angie and other good friends that live here.
Zeb had his near final day at work yesterday and they were headed to Little Diomede. It is an island off the coast of Wales. There are only 2 villages I had never been to Little Diomede and Wales. As luck would have it, those were the 2 villages on yesterdays flight plan. Angie watched the baby and we headed out. It was a wonderful way to end my "tour" of the Seward Peninsula. As spring sets in for the Nome region, winter is still in effect North of here. We saw walrus and seals enjoying the sea ice on our way.....there were even a few polar bear tracks on the ice.
And FINALLY- I saw Russia from Alaska (That is Big Diomede-Russia in the background)!! Now I feel complete.
2 comments:
Wow, how exciting for you! Love you and miss you tons!
That's really awesome, Nikki! Good for you and what an awesome way to spend a day together. Enjoy all these closing moments.
Post a Comment