Past Blogs

Monday, June 4, 2007

Dexter Roadhouse


Not many places around Nome can you play lead guitar with a full band- unexpectedly. On Saturday night at the Dexter Roadhouse, I had the chance to play with a crazy drummer and a man on bass. Very interesting. Half the time I quit playing because the drums drowned me out. Just to give you an idea of what it sounded like, just imagine the Dixie Chicks meeting Alice in Chains. Good Times! I was, however, able to debut Goodbye Earl for the first time. It was a good experience to play in front of an interested audience, even if they did have a few beers in 'em.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love you Nikki Polk! You rock my world!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe I missed it...
~Lonely in ND

Missy Weimer said...

Rock on girl!
I love the new Blog!!!!