Past Blogs

Sunday, April 5, 2009

The Tour

Here it is!  By popular demand a preliminary tour of the house.  Keep in mind since the photos were taken, we actually finished some remodeling this weekend.  Let's start with location, we can see the Bering Sea from our south windows and I can walk to the Elementary School in roughly 2 minutes.  Not bad! The vans in the back will be moved this summer for Zeb's Man Cave, AKA a Garage.

We have an arctic entry way and this is a shot of the front door, inside the house.  There is a built in bookshelf in the living room and plenty of hooks for all that outdoor gear!
The kitchen has an island and dishwasher among the usual features.  The stools are on loan, we are in the market for some.
The cabinet on top of the island has since been removed, as of today, opening up the kitchen to the rest of the house.  The hutch and dining set are also on loan.  The living room has great light.  4 south facing windows.  Not bad considering the place we were renting had 0.
The house has an upstairs which can be somewhat rare here in Nome.  We are lucky to have 4 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms in the house.  They all look pretty similar.  
The master bedroom has some, yes once again, loaner furniture in it.  The loaner items are mainly being stored for the previous owner so they are not in the cold for the next few months.  It really helps us all out.  Anyway, we ordered 2 new queen beds today, one for us and one for guests, so come on over!
2 of the rooms are a bright blue.  That might need to change later, but for now, we are working on slowly moving in one day at a time.  I have finished stripping the wallpaper in the bathroom and we did some touch up painting today. It is really fun to have Sunday projects now and "honey do" lists for Zeb :)  House warming will be coming soon.  We hope to be officially in by the end of April.





4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so excited for you! ~lARA

Anonymous said...

I was thinking of you this weekend as Eric and I walked past your 'old' place. I was glad to see pictures. I can't wait to see it in person. Congratulations!

löki gale said...

It is goregous!

lgt

Anna Dummer said...

Is that right next to the Facility? I think I saw it sticking out in one of your pictures...but I could be wrong. Awesome either way, how exciting!!!