Past Blogs

Monday, May 25, 2009

Renovation 101

It has been awhile blog land, and I apologize.  We have been making some home improvements.  Not to mention, school is now out and I have some time to catch up on things, like blogging.  
Anyway, lets start with the old color of the living room:

The living room color was peach, and there used to be a cabinet above the island.  We (I) did not care for that color and could not make things work with it.  So we removed the cabinet to open up the space more and painted the living room, International Red.  We also painted the back of the bookcase red as well.  After 4 coats we got it looking pretty wonderful.  And by we, I mean Zeb!
Some of the next things to happen are painting the other peach wall, a shade of tan, and getting rid of the curtains.  All in good time!  But for now we are enjoying how things are coming a long.  And by we I mean all of us, including Tisuk!  Stay tuned for more renovation pictures.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love it! It looks great! Love ya, Lara

Anonymous said...

Nikki, it looks awesome!! I don't use that word a lot, so it means I really like it!! And Zeb's Ram looks awesome too. Now that's twice in a row. Not trying to be too redundant but you are doing a great job. And, I like your tables too. I'm sure you're both having a fun time with the decorating. It all takes time. Someone else I know would like a little color in our house too. Since yours looks so nice, I might get a little braver and try it out.

Hope you had a relaxing holiday.
Enjoy your last 2 days of school!!
Love,
YLM